Monday, October 19, 2015

Sense and Perception: Constantly Challenging as a Collegian; Thriving Thrillingly as a Taylorian; Entertaining Enthusiastically as a IBDP étudient!

Obviously, senses can be misleading and a deceitful sense may result in wrong perception. Of course, even when the sensory organs give us the exact stimulation, our perception still may not reflect upon the truth. The Three theories of Truth : Correspondence, Coherence and Pragmatism, are closely related to our sense and perception. Even when sense and perception are indeed true, interpretation varies form one individual to another. Suffice to say, no two humans will have the exactly same life experience, no two individual will have the absolutely identical ways of living and seeing life as what it is. So stop saying to everyone in the world, that: "I know exactly how you feel... I know exactly what you experienced?" ? 



Apparently, what the majority ones vote for could be incorrect for an arbitrary chosen individual too. 
Many said to me, that <The Attack on Titans @ 进击的巨人> is one the the best anime in the world. For me, it's nor precisely my cup of tea. Although the story line being so atypical, the emotion build-up and the pace of the story was way too draggy and lengthy. Ha-ha! I really tried not to be too picky but I have the chance to cherry-pick, and I am sure I wouldn't watch it for a second time. I don't even know why I spent my busy IBDP days watching such an useless film and even write a post about it. Ha-ha! It wasn't a totally bad experience but I have better ones. (The first opening song was good though.)




However interestingly, IB life is very busy, and the more busy I get, I tend to find myself having the time to indulge myself in different means of entertainments. Up till now, since July, I'm done watching <MAUS complete graphic novel> ,< 四月是你的谎言 > the anime, <Sherlock Holmes the BBC drama>, <The Law of Ueki @ 植木的法则> the anime, <The Martian> Movie, <进击的巨人> th anime, and I'm currently reading <The Martian> novel. Ha-ha! I love IB life! 




<Your Lie In April>, probably one of the most touching and inspiring anime I've ever watched.





Sherlock Holmes by the BBC. The best ever!!


The Law of Ueki




The Martian was good. The physics theories applied in the movie was quite interesting and, surprisingly, real. I feel that the Martian movie was a great success, mainly because the theories illustrated in the movie can be easily comprehended and accessed by the public without leaving them to much of a migraine after the movie. Apart from that, the movie definitely act as the catalyst that spark up the motivation and inspiration for young adults in the education world to venture further in the field of astrophysics (or pure physics and engineering), and the movie could also have reignite the glowing flame buried deep in the heart of every man that once dreamt of being an astronaut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment